Who doesn’t like bake mac and cheese? I can’t think of a person alive that will not salivate at the mouth for some good mac and cheese, this is why I was determined to try and create a darn good substitute to satisfy any taste buds while low carbing. Of course I had to share my low carb mac and cheese recipe with you!
Mac and Cheese (low carb)
12 ounces firm tofu
8 ounce package of shredded Mexican cheese
1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, beaten
1/4 cup fat free evaporated mile
1/2 large onion (chopped)
1 dash of cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Place the Tofu in a strainer and squeeze out any excess water.
2. In a saucepan saute the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
3. Mash tofu well, leaving a few chunky pieces.
4. Mix all the remaining ingredients together.
5. Top with 1/4 Parmesan cheese and paprika.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes ( top should be slightly brown)
8 Carbs per serving!