We had a cold day here and all I wanted to do was make my favorite soup, so I did!
I love wonton soup and I found a way to make it and still have it lower in carbs than the restaurant style I was used to. So I would like to share with you my recipe for low carb wanton soup. It’s my substitute for traditional chicken soup. I even have this soup when I have a cold and it is so comforting that I always feel better after having a bowl. I must warn you that I used Shitake mushrooms to kind of bulk it up and not over eat. This is a great recipe even with out the mushrooms. My hubby did not care for the mushrooms, but he loved the soup and the wonton, so it really is a matter of taste.
I hope you enjoy this soup and make it your favorite too. Until next time.
8 0z ground pork or turkey or chicken
1 Tsp brags or low sodium soy sauce
1 table spoon of oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 green onions (chopped for the pork)
2 green onions chopped for the broth
32 fl oz 365 low sodium Chicken Broth (whole foods brand)
1 table spoon ginger paste
1 tsp olive oil
- In a bowl add ground pork and green onions, mix together.
- Add soy sauce, ginger paste, pepper, oyster sauce and sesame oil and mix together
- Place a teaspoon of filling in each wrapper (please see video above)
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Bowl water in a pan and add wonton wrappers, cook for about 8 mins or until it rises to the top
- Remove from pan and let drain
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and green onions let cook for 30 seconds
- Add Stock and bring to bowl.
- Add wonton and bring to a second bowl.
Add a drop of sesame oil and remove from heat and serve.
Carbs per serving 12 grams (2-wontons)